Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Update: A Food Project

source
So just as I promised, an update on the food situation. What did I lear from this week? Well, I definitely can't make it without carbs entirely. Especially in the morning I feel like I need some sort of carb infusion in the form of wholegrain bread or something similar. That being said, I definitely feel like eating less carbs makes me feel better overall. Despite my initial belief, I never once felt like I was actually starving nor did it feel like I am following any diet as I wasn't looking at how many calories I take in. Another thing I (re)learned is how good greek salad actually is - totally hooked - and how well greek tsatsiki fits with everything! I also have to admit that I cheated a bit during my week. Last Wednesday I ate 3 small macarons at the coffee shop. And on thursday - due to extra hot weather - I bought some ice cream. I tried to compensate by not eating any other carbs that day but u know, I don't want to deprive myself from the yummy things in life and there was a sale on Häagen Dazs ice cream :-)
So without further ado I though I share my preliminary food plan for the next week:

TUESDAY:
Breakfast: 1 slice of wholegrain bread with ham and a boiled egg. 1 Pro Viva Superfrukt shot and 1 cup of black coffee (black coffee is the best!)
Lunch: Pork filé, grilled Asparagus and Tsatsiki (make it with greek yoghurt!)
Dinner: Wasabi-Aragula salad with tomatoes

WEDNESDAY:
Breakfast: 1 slice of wholegrain bread with scrambled eggs and herbs. 1 Pro Viva Superfrukt shot and 1 cup of black coffee
Lunch: Thai Green Curry with WOK vegetables
Dinner: Tomato Salad

THURSDAY:
Breakfast: 1/2 slice of wholegrain bread and an egg omelet with mushrooms, 1 Pro Viva Superfrukt shot and 1 cup of black coffee
Lunch: Leftovers from Thai Green Curry
Dinner: Insalata Caprese

FRIDAY:
Breakfast: Crisp Bread and Veggie stripes, 1 Pro Viva Superfrukt shot and 1 cup of black coffee
Lunch: Steak with Parmesan-mashed Potatoes and grilled mushrooms
Dinner: Insalata Caprese

SATURDAY:
Breakfast: Crisp Bread with Ham and Eggs, 1 Pro Viva Superfrukt shot and 1 cup of coffee
Lunch: Pork filé, steamed vegetables and Tsatsiki
Dinner: Greek Salad

SUNDAY:
Breakfast: Greek Yoghurt with strawberries & nuts, 1 Pro Viva Superfrukt shot and 1 cup of coffee
Lunch: Tuna Sandwich with Aragula salad as side dish
Dinner: Leftovers from Greek salad

MONDAY:
Breakfast: Crisp Bread and Berries, 1 cup of Black coffee and 1 glass of lemon water
Lunch: Selfmade Gnocchi and Tomato-Red wine sauce
Dinner: Tomato salad

I would also like to note that in between I snack on apple slices with peanut butter, nuts or berries. Also, throughout the day I either drink some green tea,a stevia fruit-water mix or just plain water. I am also not some food guru of some sort nor a nutritionist. I just thought I share what I eat when I try to be slightly healthier.

xx, V

2 comments:

  1. Seems to me you eat very healthy. I keep promising myself to eat more vegetables and fruit but every day again I keep grabbing chocolates, cookies and chips non stop :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great plan, very inspiring! I think I need to create my own food schedule/ menu too :)

    xoxo
    Tatiana

    http://tatiana-kurnosova.blogspot.ru/

    ReplyDelete